Wednesday, August 27, 2008

One more time--into the breach!

Next week! Here goes something or other! School starts again--my brief retirement now seems all too brief. I worked in the yard maybe four hours in 11 weeks--a record for activity. I battled a bougainvilla, planted some native plants, let the lawn die, and now it's back to classes. My last full-time year. The year after this, down to half-time if all goes well. Duck into school a couple times a week, the rest of the time practicing and writing.

A friend's partner told me last week that retirement is okay, but after a couple of years, you get bored with naps on the couch and gardening, though he's also writing novels, staying active in other ways. I don't see myself getting restless, except maybe to get more ideas realized, play instruments better.

Meanwhile, put off the music more or less for another nine months and shuffle as much in around classwork as possible.

No comments: